Saturday, March 7, 2009

We tried Urban Farming in 1971

(from left to right) This is me with my Dad and Sister in our backyard in Fullerton, CA back in December 1971. It was my job to feed and water the rabbits (in the cages on the right) and chickens (in the 'chicken run' behind us) every morning and evening. Of course, also gathering the eggs my sister loved to do. My father had me also help with the butchering (only the rabbits). I thought you'd like a peek into my past with raising these animals in the urban city on a .14 acre lot

(house is a 4br 2 ba slab home -- I just looked it up on zillow and its completely remodeled -- and it has such improved charm compared to when we lived there!!! wow wow)

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/home-info/25153706_zpid/

No comments:

Post a Comment